Mr. Eric Fairchild, Mr. Joe Botchie, Ms. Nancy Van Dolsen and Mr. Phil Walsh inspected the 1852 Scherich Farmhouse on September 26, 2022 courtesy of Ms. Barbara Hawkins who has owned the home for nearly 20 years (with husband Jeffrey) and has done much restoration work.
The relationship with the Lambert farmhouse is that John Scherich and Mary Lambert were brother and sister. Their mother, Anna Scherich Crall, lived with Michael & Mary Lambert at the time of the 1850 census. Another daughter, Barbara (Scherich) Krall, encased (with brick) a log home further up McCormick Rd. ca. 1850. This home is now owned by Phil and Rebecca Walsh.
Brick for these homes was likely supplied by the J. Hickernel Brick Yd. shown adjacent to the J. Scherich farmhouse on the 1858 Map of Cumberland County. J. Hickernel was related to the Scherich’s.